Birthdays are a new start, a fresh beginning, and a time to pursue new endeavors with new goals.
A few weeks ago I turned 29. I had the most amazing birthday dancing the night away in Ibiza with my girl friends. I remember at some point that night getting carried away and embracing every single moment and thinking ‘life will never get better than this’. ‘I will never be turning 29 again, dancing to my favourite DJ in amazing island surrounded by great friends’. But I’m determined to make it better and bigger for my next birthday so here’s my bucket list.
In no particular order, I’ve put together a list of 30 things to do before turning 30 (or, any age really!).
Some of the things on there I’ve always wanted to do and crossed off already. Some are funny, others may be a little scary. But all are within reach, so go on – cross off as many as you’d like…
Because life’s way too short to waste time on things you’d rather say “no” to.
- Get into the best shape possible.
- Date someone who isn’t your type.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Travel alone. Go somewhere for long weekend by yourself.
- Dance until the morning.
- Visit New York.
- Start a collection. Think fridge magnets, coins etc.
- Pass a driving test.
- Watch the sunset on a plane.
- Take a cross country road trip.
- Pay off all credit card debts.
- Have some savings.
- Go to bottomless boozy brunch.
- Get a pet.
- Go to an ice bar.
- Completely revamp your wardrobe.
- Treat yourself to a designer bag.
- Take parents to Norway (or whatever they’d like to go).
- See the Northern Lights (I’ve crossed off this one in Iceland).
- Go camping.
- Establish your dream job, and do everything it takes to land it.
- Go to Oktoberfest.
- Get a tattoo.
- Go to Tomorrowland 2018.
- Splurge on really expensive food.
- Be single and enjoy it.
- Find the perfect little black dress.
- Fall in love with someone wildly inappropriate (ok, I’ve borrowed this line from someone else’s bucket list but who cares eh)
- Have more fun.
- Fall completely in love….with yourself
Think we’ve missed some important things off our list?
Tweet us @blixmagazine with your #thingstodobefore30, or add yours to the comments below.