The skin around your eyes requires special care at any age. And the sooner you think about it, the more beautiful your eyes will shine in years to come.
Beauticians recommend to start your eye care in your twenties. Why start so early?
- First of all, it is the most delicate and sensitive skin in your body which is already a risk factor.
- Secondly, there’s no muscle or fat underneath this skin to support it.
- Third, all of our problems and unhealthy lifestyle gets instantly reflected here: tiredness, poor nutrition, diseases of internal organs, sleepless nights, neuroses and psychoses turn into bags, bruises, swelling and redness around the eyes
- Fourth, all of our emotions, which so vividly displayed on the face, appear as wrinkles around eyes.
- Fifth, most women can not do without bright and thick eye makeup, which does not allow the skin to breathe freely.
Fear not, there are a few simple rules to follow in order to avoid disappointment later on.
- Don’t use cheap, non certified makeup from unknown manufacturers. Be very careful when choosing mascara, eye shadows and eyeliners. When removing the eye makeup, make sure you are using best and tested tools and products. Don’t rub your eyes hard to remove makeup, especially with soapy products which would only irritate it.
- Never go to sleep without removing all the makeup.The skin around your eyes should rest and breathe freely for at least 8 hours.
- In the morning, perhaps 40 mins before you go out apply an eye cream, serum or gel that would take care of the skin around the eyes.
- Take 2 minutes before sleep and soothe your eyes with a gentle eye massage every night. This will improve blood circulation and increase the flow of oxygen and other nutrients to the cells.
- Treat your eyes to a special eye skincare mask once a week. They contain a lot of vitamins and will nourish, moisturize and strengthen the skin around the eyes. You can either buy them- most well known brands do have a special eye care line – or you can make them with ingredients that you can find in your kitchen.
- Always wear sunnies when going outside on a sunny, clear weather. Ultraviolet – is the main enemy for the skin in this area. Those who have dry skin around the eyes, should especially be careful as too much sun can make your skin peel off.