A good plaid shirt is a timeless piece that is not only versatile but super practical as it can be worn year round. In fall 2013, plaid has made a fashionable comeback and we’ve gone a little plaid crazy.
Fashion is all about taking trends and renewing them, so here we’ve rounded up 5 ways to rock this trend in spring 2014.
1. To create a grunge style look wear your plaid shirt with loose straight cut jeans and a leather jacket. Better to avoid massive artsy accessories not to overload the total look.
2. If you wear a plaid shirt with a plain sweatshirt and free cut skinny jeans, you will get the most common and beloved style – smart casual. Again, for a light and easy look you must avoid complex shapes in footwear and accessories.
3. Next, you can mix it up with a current trend of the season – a floral pattern. It doesn’t sound like an easy task, but with a good accessories and cut choice it will turn out into an interesting romantic look. Plaid shirt over the “pajama” set or over a bohemian chic style dress with floral print – the perfect combination for a stylish spring image. Pair it up with bright floral necklace and thin strap that accentuates the waist line.
4. Loose boyfriend style plaid shirt will perfectly go as evening wear. Tuck it under the skirt and combine with massive statement necklace. You will be the center of attention at any party. Final touch – elegant heeled shoes is a must.
5. Do not be afraid to mix up different textures and styles – to create preppy style look.